Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, December 12, 2011

No Fetal Movement=Trip to Labor & Delivery

Monday, December 5, 2011

Well, unfortunately our little peanut decided to be stubborn and scare Mom and Dad (I'm sure there will be more of these as the baby grows up)...

When my family left Sunday after the Bears game, that was also the last time that I can say I felt the baby move 'normally.' Therefore, I called the nurse's line and they instructed me to sit in a quiet room with no distractions and count how many times I felt the baby in an hours time--6 being the goal. I spent an hour tallying---4! That I could say were true baby movements, others felt more like air bubbles which isn't what this baby usually feels like. Called the nurse's line back, she took note and told me she'd be calling back after talking to the doctor to see what they wanted to do.

Four hours later I still hadn't heard back, so Chad told me to call back. They said I should go to labor and delivery for monitoring. So off I went and Chad left work early and met me there. They had me on fetal monitors for a couple hours. Baby's heartrate was an average of 145...so good news it was at least ok to that extent.

Because our baby has a 2 vessel cord however, the doctor ordered a biophysical profile ultrasound to be done. This is a measure of different aspects of baby movement, growth, heartrate, etc. Each category is worth 2 points for a total of 10. Peanut scored 10 out of 10, even though I couldn't feel it.

Thankfully, baby is okay and apparently doing perfectly well inside my belly. We were sent home and told to do daily kick counts and just make sure to call if it happens again.

No comments:

Post a Comment