Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, August 22, 2011

It's A.....

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I woke up with this strange feeling.  I wasn't sure quite what it was, but something made me think I needed to take a pregnancy test.  Well.....
Chad couldn't believe it at first, so I bought another test, that was also a different brand.  Low and behold, they were both quite positive. :)

While at work, I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Chad.  A very nice surprise, on what I thought had already been an exciting day.  On the card, it read "I can't wait...Love, Chad." I had to lie to the secretary and my co-workers because we weren't obviously spreading the news that quickly yet, so I just told everyone that I was having a rough week and he was just being a sweet husband (which was true, but for other reasons!)



Chad and I decided that we needed to get the assistance of my sister, Kim, for our "cover-up" until we decided it was time to tell everyone.  I called her while I was at work and she was babysitting.  I started the conversation by saying "can you keep a big secret for me, because if not, we can end this conversation right now."  Kim immediately blurts out, "YOU'RE NOT PREGNANT, ARE YOU?!"  I, of course, replied with "well, yes, actually I am, but I need you to keep it a secret, you are the ONLY one who knows and will know for at least two more weeks."  She cried, I cried...it was crazy!  Then panic set in, as I began to worry about whether or not my sister would be able to keep such a BIG secret for me for so long.

To my surprise, she kept our secret for two weeks from everyone!  This was the weekend in which we decided to tell both sets of parents and most of our siblings (those that could be with us that day).   Chad and I had hoped to be rather creative with our plan to tell our families.  We spent the two weeks thinking of unique ways to tell them, finally, we had a plan!




No comments:

Post a Comment